The National Agricultural Library (NAL) is excited to announce that the Ag Data Commons data repository and catalog will be moving to a new platform hosted by Figshare. We expect to launch our new repository and submission portal in October 2023.
All published catalog records and datasets with their associated DOIs will be migrated to the new platform. The team here at NAL will continue to provide curation and administration services for the Ag Data Commons.
Moving to the new platform will allow us to offer many improvements for our users, such as:
• automatic versioning,
• ease of submission, especially for larger data files (up to 50 GB),
• dataset-level citation counts and Altmetric scores,
• support for double-blind peer review process,
• integration with GitHub, and
• robust bi-directional API capabilities.
Stay tuned for more information! We welcome your comments and questions at NAL-ADC-Curator@usda.gov.