Cattle and Sheep Whole Genome Sequence (WGS)
USMARC Beef Cattle Diversity Panel (MBCDPv2.9)
- Finished 14x WGS of 96 sires from 19 beef breeds representing >99% of the germplasm used in the US beef industry Article for cattle producers
- USMARC Extended Cattle Diversity Panel (MECDPv1.0)
- Ongoing 10x WGS from 46 breeds, includes MBCDPv2.9 sires plus four animals from each of 27 additional breeds
- USMARC Sheep Diversity Panel (MSDPv2.4)
- Finished 16x WGS of 96 rams from 10 US sheep breeds representing diversity in traits like fertility, growth, and longevity.
- USMARC Extended Sheep Diversity Panel (MESDPv1.0)
- Ongoing 10x WGS from 15 breeds, includes MSDPv2.4 rams plus 10 animals from each of 5 additional breeds
- Related species (mapped to cattle and/or sheep)
- Ongoing 10x WGS from related species like gaur, bison, banteng, and yak.
- Livestock Cell Lines (mapped to cattle and/or sheep)
- Ongoing 10x WGS from cell lines used in USMARC research like Madin-Darby Bovine Kidney (MDBK) cells.
|Release Date|| |
USDA Agricultural Research Service
|Contact Name|| |
Bennett, Gary L.
|Public Access Level|| |
|Program Code|| |
005:040 - Department of Agriculture - National Research
|Bureau Code|| |
005:18 - Agricultural Research Service