Boxwood blight disease, caused by the fungi Calonectria henricotiae and C. pseudonaviculata, is an emergent threat to natural and managed landscapes worldwide.
Boxwood blight emerged for the first time in the U.K. during the 1990s, then spread rapidly throughout Europe. By 2011, the fungus that causes the disease, Calonectria pseudonaviculata, was found in the U.S., threatening an industry valued at $103 million annually and countless mature landscapes, some dating back to early Colonial times. Since the first U.S. outbreaks, boxwood blight has been identified from a total of 19 states that together comprise 62% of the total U.S. boxwood production. A second pathogen, C. henricotiae, was recently described from five European countries. Infection can be latent, and the pathogen may sequester in less susceptible boxwood cultivars. Because there are no curative treatments—fungicides are at best suppressive of symptoms—infected plants are rendered unfit for sale. If infected plants are not destroyed, they provide a long-lived source of inoculum that spreads the pathogen by spores or resistant survival structures in soil, air, or water. Our goal is to provide knowledge and tools needed to reduce the impact of boxwood blight on the green industry.
This database includes genome datasets from Calonectria pathogens of boxwood and related species.
- Genome assembly, Calonectria pseudonaviculata CBS 139707 (aka cpsCT01)txt
This assembly is also accessioned on NCBI GenBank under accession number...
- Draft genome assembly, Calonectria henricotiae NL009txt
This is a partial genome assembly for Calonectria henricotiae isolate NL009...
- Draft genome assembly, Calonectria henricotiae isolate CB077txt
This is a partial genome assembly of Calonectria henricotiae CB077, also...
- Genome assembly, Calonectia leucothoes CBS 109166txt
Draft genome assembly from Calonectria leucothoes CBS 109166, also...
- Genome assembly, Calonectria naviculata CBS 101121txt
Draft genome assembly of Calonectria naviculata CBS 101121, also accessioned...
- Calonectria pseudonaviculata CBS 139707, Gene model predictions (CDs)txt
CDs file of gene models predicted using Coding Quarry 2
- Calonectria pseudonaviculata CBS 139707, GFF file for gene model predictionstxt
Gene model predictions and GFF file generated using CodingQuarry2.
- Draft genome assembly, Calonectria henricotiae CBS 138102 (aka CB045)txt
This datatset contains a draft genome assembly for Calonectria henricotiae...
- Genome assembly, Calonectria pseudonaviculata CBS 139394txt
This file contains the draft genome assembly for Calonectria...
|Release Date|| |
Ag Data Commons
|Contact Name|| |
Crouch, Jo Anne
|Public Access Level|| |
|Program Code|| |
005:040 - Department of Agriculture - National Research
|Bureau Code|| |
005:18 - Agricultural Research Service