This data publication contains the baseline overstory tree measurements, regeneration data, and permanent sample plot location information collected, from 1952 to present, under the study plan: FS-NRS-07-08-01 "Study Plan: Silvicultural effects on composition and structure of northern conifers in the Acadian Forest Region: Revision of the Compartment Management Study on the Penobscot Experimental Forest" (available via the data download).
Data are available in five data sets:
1. Overstory tree measurement data include permanent sample plot locations and tree measurement data such as: species, status code (e.g. dead or alive), and diameter at breast height.
2. Spatial location data provide location of a subsample of individual trees in the study.
3. Height and crown measurement data include tree height, height to crown base, along with crown radius in 4 cardinal directions for a subsample of trees.
4. Regeneration data include tree species, seedling presence, and count of trees by height class.
5. Permanent plot location data include the geospatial coordinates for permanent sample plots.
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Area|| |
POLYGON ((-68.6443 44.8726, -68.5862 44.8726, -68.5862 44.8269, -68.6443 44.8269))
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
The 4000 acre Penobscot Experimental Forest (PEF) is located in the towns of Bradley and Eddington, Maine. The silvicultural treatments where the majority of the research is taking place were installed on approximately 420 acres located in the northern ha
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
|Temporal Coverage|| |
January 1, 1952 to December 31, 2012
|Contact Name|| |
|Public Access Level|| |
|Program Code|| |
005:059 - Department of Agriculture - Management Activities
|Bureau Code|| |
005:96 - Forest Service