The Iowa Community Indicators Program (ICIP) provides resources for understanding regional economic and demographic change. Our data and analysis services help inform local decision-making, policy development, and strategic planning processes. ICIP continues Iowa State University's long history of socio-economic data service provision.
- Assistance with demographic, economic, and social data needs
- Community education seminars on regional economic and demographic trends
- Regional economic research
- Please contact us for more information about services offered by ICIP and related programs.
Administration and Funding
ICIP is administered and funded by the following academic and Extension units at Iowa State University (ISU):
- Department of Economics
- Department of Sociology
- ISU Extension Community & Economic Development
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- ICIP is a coordinating agency in the State Data Center of Iowa network, part of a federal-state cooperative program providing census data and expertise to local data users.
- The ISU Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS) provides additional funding and support for ICIP projects.
- USDA Crop Reporting Districts - Iowahtml
Map of Iowa created with information from the U.S. Department of Agriculture...