The Ag Data Commons is a metadata repository that uses the Project Open Data v1.1 metadata schema and its metadata resources. The POD 1.1 set are our core, extended by selected fields from:
- ISO 19115-2 and ISO 19115-3 - Defines the schema required for describing geographic information and services by means of metadata. It provides information about the identification, the extent, the quality, the spatial and temporal aspects, the content, the spatial reference, the portrayal, distribution, and other properties of digital geographic data and services.
- ISO 19115 Topic Category - General subjects for which geospatial data may be relevant. Comprised of few, broad terms.
- DataCite metadata schema (DOIs) - A list of core metadata properties chosen for an accurate and consistent identification of a resource for citation and retrieval purposes, along with recommended use instructions.
- Data Catalog Vocabulary (DCAT) - An RDF vocabulary designed to facilitate interoperability between data catalogs published on the web. Project Open Data 1.1 is DCAT compliant.
- Author ORCIDs - Provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes researchers from one another and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between authors and their professional activities ensuring that their work is recognized.
- National Agricultural Library Thesaurus and Glossary - Online vocabulary tools of agricultural terms in English and Spanish and are cooperatively produced by the National Agricultural Library, USDA, and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture as well as other Latin American agricultural institutions belonging to the Agriculture Information and Documentation Service of the Americas (SIDALC).